In response to an increase in COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations, and deaths, the Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department (LLCHC) moved the COVID Risk Dial to mid-orange (high risk of spread) and issued a new local Directed Health Measure (DHM), effective Thursday, August 26, 2021.
The DHM requires all individuals ages two (2) and older – regardless of vaccination status – to wear a mask when they are in an indoor space.
What does this mean for LIHA teams?
- Everyone (players, coaches, managers, parents, siblings, spectators, etc.) ages 2+ must wear a mask when not on the ice engaged in strenuous activities.
- This includes locker rooms, lobbies, restrooms, and the rink.
- Players may remove their masks immediately prior to leaving the locker room when heading to the ice.
- Coaches must wear a mask on the bench. If coaches are participating in drills on the ice, masks are optional.
- If dryland is held outside, masks are not required.
- Players ages 12+, coaches, managers, and volunteers are encouraged to get the COVID-19 vaccine (free at locations throughout the city).
- Managers must keep track of who is attending practices for contact tracing purposes.
- Players/coaches/managers who test positive for COVID-19 (or who live with someone who tests positive) must notify LIHA immediately, and must not attend practice for 10 days.
- Players/coaches/managers who exhibit any COVID-19 symptoms must not attend practice until they receive a negative COVID test or clearance from a medical professional.
These policies will be revised as directed by the LLCHD. Thank you for doing your part to avoid any shutdowns with hockey this season!
LIHA Board of Directors